Sign UpWe respect your privacy. We won't share your email address with anyone.
Jay LindsayDr. Jay Lindsay, Marriage Counselor
Imagine having a relationship
that doesn’t hurt all the time.
Now you can have one that feels good…
…with the help of a master marriage counselor with 35 years of experience and a proven approach.
You’re in a crisis. You’re hurting.
Things have been going downhill in your relationship for far too long. The pain has reached the point where it has to stop. You can’t continue this way. You fear that if things don’t improve soon you might split up.
You’ve tried your best to resolve your relationship problems on your own, but it just isn’t working. You’ve realized you need expert support… a marriage therapist who can help save your relationship and steer it towards a deeper, more fulfilling intimacy.
- A relationship that doesn’t hurt all the time.
- A relationship that feels good.
Here are some of the problems where couples counseling can help:
- You’re in a crisis due to threats of divorce or an extramarital affair. One or both of you are considering leaving the relationship. The pain and the struggle have become unbearable.
- You’re in constant destructive conflict. You both are so angry and hurt that you often say things you later regret. Many conversations turn into arguments. The level of stress and turmoil is wreaking havoc in every area of your life.
- Your relationship is characterized by a “coldness” that seems to get worse each day. Things have deteriorated to the point where you hardly talk to each other anymore. You feel wounded and on guard.
- You are sexually dissatisfied. Your sex life is a mess. It’s either nonexistent or one or both of you is not getting your needs met. You are frustrated and feel unloved.
- You’re having repeated fights over the same issues. These may include parenting styles, in-laws, money, and responsibilities. One or more issues are creating an ongoing strain that is threatening your relationship.
- You’re grieving the loss of joy and spontaneity in your relationship. You remember how wonderful it used to be. Where did the fun times go?
Regardless of your problems, my track record of success as a marriage counselor can help you turn things around. It can help stop the pain… stop the chaos… and stop the constant struggle.
Healing really is possible through couples counseling or marriage therapy.
Hi. I’m Dr. Jay Lindsay, marriage therapist and internationally recognized relationship expert. I offer much more than your average couples counselor, and here’s why:
- I have 35 years of experience as a couples therapist succeeding with thousands of couples. I’ve brought many couples back from the brink of divorce and through marriage therapy have helped them live together harmoniously.
- I use a scientifically proven approach to couples therapy that brings nearly 75% of distressed couples to recovery and 90% to significant improvement. It’s called Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT) and I’ve had more experience doing it than any other therapist in our part of the nation.
- My therapy practice is devoted entirely to solving couple problems, whether I work with both partners or just one. Relationship counseling has been my entire focus for most of my 35-year career as a therapist.
- I’m both a licensed marriage and family therapist and a licensed psychologist. This gives me the special advantage of being highly trained to address both the couple problems and the individual problems that cause relationship pain.
- I’ve flown all across the country conducting marriage rescue workshops for couples on the edge of divorce. Doing that launched me on my way to becoming internationally known as a turn-around expert for relationships at risk.
- I’ve had tremendous success with extramarital affair recovery. Over the past 35 years, I’ve developed a unique and highly effective seven-stage Affair Recovery Program that has helped couples from all over the continent.
- I do marriage counseling weekend intensives for couples who want quick results. On a weekend intensive I work in a highly focused way with just one couple for two, three, or four days. Couples fly in from all over the United States and Canada as well as from overseas for these intensives.
The above qualifications are all reasons why I’ve been called “a master marriage counselor… a true emergency room doctor for couples in crisis.”
They are the reasons why thousands of couples from across Colorado and throughout the USA have chosen me to work with them.
Here’s more about my primary approach, Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT), and how it can help you.
EFT has been proven highly effective by more than 25 years of research.
The research shows that with EFT, 70-75% of distressed couples recover completely and 90% improve significantly. Fully 86% of couples who get EFT report being happier in their relationships.
The research also shows that the great majority of these couples keep their gains after marital therapy ends. Their relationships continue to feel good over the long term.
My qualifications as a marriage therapist and my proven couples counseling approach can be key to healing your relationship.
I know it might be hard for you to believe right now, but your relationship probably can recover… and become even stronger than it was before.
Here’s what’s possible through couples counseling…
- You can heal the pain and restore lost love. Your hurts can be healed and when they are, you’ll grow closer that you ever were.
- You can discover how to really listen to and hear each other. You’ll better understand each other’s deepest needs and be more able to fulfill them.
- You can increase trust and feel safer and more secure. As a result, you’ll be more comfortable opening up and this will deepen your bond.
- You can know that your partner is really there for you when you’re hurting. No matter what you’re going through personally, you’ll be able to count on your partner to stand by your side.
- You can rebuild your commitment to each other. Your renewed devotion will help you be confident that your relationship will succeed over the long term.
- You can enjoy each other again. The playfulness, the laughter, the fun times, and the spontaneous affection will return.
- You can have more time and energy for all the other areas of your life. When you are no longer consumed by your relationship struggles, you’ll be freer to enjoy your work, your family and friends, and your leisure activities.
Are you ready to begin the healing?
I offer relationship counseling services that I can customize to best meet your unique needs. These include…
- Weekly (or more than once a week) marriage counseling… if you want to make steady progress. At the beginning, you can jump-start your treatment by doing sessions that go longer than the standard one hour.
- Marriage counseling weekend intensives… if you want to make rapid progress. I’ll work privately with you and your partner in a highly focused way for two, three, or four days.
- The Affair Recovery Program… if you want to heal from infidelity. You need a specialized approach to help you save your relationship.
- Faith-based marriage counseling… if you want faith to be a part of your therapy experience.
As a master marriage counselor, I can help you create the loving relationship your heart yearns for.
Call me now at 303-545-9828 to:
- book an appointment
- ask questions
- schedule a 10-15 minute complimentary phone consultation
Boulder Marriage Counseling
357 S. McCaslin Boulevard
Louisville, Colorado 80027
Psychologist and master couples therapist Dr. Jay Lindsay provides marriage or couples counseling to couples who are struggling and relationship counseling to individuals, whether they are in a relationship or single. Dr. Lindsay has 35 years of experience. His office in Louisville, Colorado serves Boulder, Longmont, Broomfield, Westminster, and Denver.