Sign UpWe respect your privacy. We won't share your email address with anyone.
Jay LindsayDr. Jay Lindsay, Marriage Counselor
Marital Therapy Approach
“Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT)
brings 70-75% of distressed couples to recovery and
90% to significant improvement.”
If you want your relationship to stop hurting and feel good again, then you want to see a master marriage counselor who uses a highly effective marital therapy approach.
How a couples therapist works is extremely important. To heal your relationship pain I’ll use a counseling approach that has been demonstrated by research to be highly effective. This approach will be key to making your marriage counseling beneficial.
The proven approach I’ll use to help you is called Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT).
With this approach to marriage therapy, an impressive 70-75% of distressed couples recover and 90% improve significantly. Many relationship counseling experts consider it to be the most effective form of relationship treatment available today.
EFT is a powerful, yet gentle approach to marriage counseling that can help you repair your broken relationship and bring about real and enduring change. It will help you strengthen your bond and grow together as a couple.
This is what relationship therapy experts are saying about EFT.
- “The results are lasting!” -The American Psychological Association
- “EFT is a proven roadmap to the process of change in couple therapy.” -Dr. John Gottman, renowned author and couples researcher, University of Washington.
- “EFT is one of the best documented, most substantive and well-researched approaches to couple therapy.” -Dr. Alan Gurman, renowned author and couples researcher, University of Wisconsin.
Here’s what EFT can do for you:
EFT can help you to…
- replace conflict with harmony
- deepen your emotional connection
- heal your wounds
- recover from an affair
- renew trust and commitment
- enhance communication and conflict resolution
- maximize your relationship satisfaction
These are the reasons why EFT is so powerful:
EFT often produces seemingly miraculous results for couples because it…
- targets the root cause of relationship discord, emotional disconnectedness
- approaches transformation through the gateway to change, the emotions
- utilizes marriage counseling interventions that have been proven effective by research
- fosters “key change events” that promote positive relationship change
- moves couples through three clearly identifiable stages of transformation
- heals emotional wounds caused by betrayal and abandonment
This is how we know that EFT is highly effective:
We know that Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy works extremely well because more than 25 years of research have proven that EFT…
- brings 70-75% of couples to recovery and 90% to significant improvement
- results in fully 86% of couples reporting feeling happier in their relationships
- has a high completion rate… few couples drop out
- gets timely results… most couples succeed within 12 to 20 sessions
- gets lasting results… most couples keep their gains, even those at high risk for divorce
Because of these findings, Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy is officially recognized by the American Psychological Association as empirically validated.
Here’s how EFT works:
Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy progresses in three stages that use scientifically proven interventions:
Stage One: I’ll help you identify the negative patterns of relating that have been wreaking havoc on your relationship, causing you to fight. An important key to healing your relationship pain will be helping you to become aware of the emotions and unmet needs that have been driving these patterns.
Stage Two: I’ll orchestrate “key change events” to help you work with these emotions so that you can break free from your destructive patterns and get your needs met. You’ll soften toward each other, re-engage, deepen your bond, and heal over the course of counseling.
Stage Three: As a master marriage therapist I’ll help you find new solutions to old problems. Because of the healing you will have experienced in your marital therapy sessions, you’ll be better able to deal with conflict. In addition, I’ll help you consolidate your gains so they will last.
After you’ve completed these three stages of EFT, you’ll feel close again. You’ll feel safe, and secure. Each of you will experience the other as really there for you… as accessible, responsive, and engaged.
At last, you’ll have that heartfelt connection you’ve longed for and deserve. EFT really is a powerful and highly effective approach!
My expertise in EFT is one of the main reasons that many couples choose me as their therapist.
I was the first therapist in our seven-state Rocky Mountain region to be fully trained and certified in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy. I’ve had more experience using EFT than any other therapist in our part of the country.
Find out more about my qualifications as a marriage counselor.
To begin benefitting from my knowledge and skill at EFT, call me now at: 303-545-9828.
Master couples therapist and psychologist Dr. Jay Lindsay utilizes Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT), one of the most researched and effective approaches to marital therapy. Based in Louisville (near Boulder) Colorado, Dr. Lindsay is a marriage counselor who is sought after by couples from all across the country.